Wednesday, October 8, 2014

C4T Summary #2

      I was fortunate enough to be able to peruse Eva Buyuksimkesyan's Blog. Her latest post up was about a few different websites useful if you are trying to learn English. Most of them were just a bunch of games and quizzes that make it fun to learn the language. This is how all learning should be done. If you can't keep the student interested and having fun then they won't pay attention and the information will not be retained. One of her ideas she suggests that makes it easy to organize activities for learning was Pinterest. In my comment I mentioned that this was a fascinating idea. I have always used Pinterest for arts and crafts ideas and even gifts, but I never considered utilizing this site for learning.
      In Mrs. Eva's second post I commented on, she discusses different activities teachers can use in the classroom on the first week to socialize their students and get them working together. A great idea I saw was her activity involving making the students group together and create advertisements for themselves. Then they present the advertisement to the class and the teacher to introduce themselves. Not only does this implement the activity into a project, but it's a group project that allows the kids to use their creativity while working together. The other ideas were very creative as well and I'll definitely be stealing a few of these for my own classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment