Saturday, September 20, 2014

Blog Post #5

My PLN
 
          My Personal Learning Networking abilities are all rather new to me. As a student, I am very excited to be in EDM 310 in order to expand my technology usage and, most importantly, my networking abilities. After watching a 7th grader outdo me with her technological savvy skills in Welcome to PLE!, it has become a mission of mine to up my game and start expanding my networking branches.
          It started off with emails. I can remember when sending an email was cool and fascinating to me in middle school. Of course, then I was only sending about one email every few months and it was normally just because I wanted my parents to let me use the computer.....But since then, emailing has become an everyday phenomenon. Now, it's routine for to me check my email at least three times a day. From this source, I have connections with the most important educational figures in my life at the moment, and that is all of my current teachers:
                                      -edm310new@gmail.com
                                      -zkahn@jagmail.southalabama.edu
                                      -bmclaugh@southalabama.edu
                                      -shawnmitchell@southalabama.edu
I also keep a compilation of all of my past college professors and even some of my more memorable high school teachers.
          The next biggest innovation in my PLN is my Facebook. Here I can keep a more personal assortment of teachers I've had past or present. This way I can keep up with new projects they have or if they have moved schools even. I'm still "friends" with teachers I have had that have moved out of state. But with this tool, even if they no longer live here, I can still ask them any questions I may have. They are all very pleased to answer these at any time.
          The newest addition to this networking process is my Twitter account. Found here, My Twitter. Here I can start adding as many education tools as I like. I have only added a few education influences so far, but I have hopes of expanding this immensely. This is the fastest access to my networking branches. This way I can keep up with everything everyone is doing. I can look at links, blogs, and ideas that they may have all under one media source.
          Since joining EDM310, I have recently added a few other tools under my PLN. I now have accounts with Delicious, Youtube,and  Blogger.
Connected people
That's What I Call a Connection
 
          So, by taking EDM310, there is hope for my personal learning network. I hope to make connections all over the world with teachers and students alike. I will begin this process by expanding my Twitter account. Then, I will begin exploring on my blog account. Last, I hope to start using some of these social medias that I have never heard of before, such as Delicious. Wish me luck! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment