Saturday, August 23, 2014

Blog Post Assignment #1

So, what about EDM310?

1. Before I became advised last semester for my classes, I had never heard of EDM310. My advisor, on the other hand, was very familiar with it, and he informed me that this class was going to be particularly difficult. He advised me to take it by itself over the summer because it was going to take up a lot of my time. This of course worried me instantly. I became very nervous to take the class and I dreaded classes starting.

2. I have many fears concerning this class. I'm terrified that I will forget to do one of the assignments and it will be late (which is extremely frowned upon so I hear). I'm scared that I will not know how to do something and I will have no one to call and no time for the computer lab. The most obvious fear is that I won't be able to learn the material and I will receive a poor grade in the end.

3. EDM310 is unlike any class I have ever taken. Of course, in any class there is certain things done online such as, homework and certain assignments. EDM310 is the only class I've had so far that requires NO paper AT ALL. It's definitely a first for me. Several of my college courses involve a lot of online time but nowhere near this much.

4. I believe the most difficult thing for me to learn will be just learning how to use all this different technology and computer skills. I'll admit that I am not the most tech savvy person around and being 20 years old you would thing that I know everything about it. Quite the contrary though, I love things in print.

5. The best way for me to address this problem is simply by putting it to use. I have to start playing with all this new technological information. If I can't get it then I will be in the computer lab getting help for quite sometime!

6. As far as questions go, I don't really know exactly what is expected of me in the class. I'm sure that will come with more class meetings and assignments. I'm just worried that I won't measure up to the expectations. Although, I will do my best and hope for the best!

Meme picture that says, "Now Panic and Freak Out"
Photo: Found@ http://www.redstar5.com/blog/?p=868 posted by Meegan.

2 comments:

  1. Keeping up on your assignment deadlines and putting forth effort into each and every assignment is what is expected in this class. Don't panic! Good Post. Be sure to put the location of the picture as a ALT/TITLE tag modifier, the instructions on how to do so is found in the quality blog post document.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture Now Panic and Freak Out image. It is basically describing my life right now, but I am overcoming and achieving.

    ReplyDelete